Welcome to Nyeusigrube

"We're the only country on earth stitched together by words and, most important, their dangerous progeny, ideas. And those ideas have had weight. They have had force, not just for us in our eternal dealings, but for the rest of the world." ~ Ken Burns

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Who's surprised?

So, the Den of Shadows main page and writing page (in other words, the two hosted on the nyeusigrube.com server) are messed up. I do not know why. I first noticed it last week, but assumed it was a compatibility issue, since I happened to be looking at it on an iPad. The problem was confirmed by others more recently.

Since we have had so many server issues, instead of struggling to figure out what caused the issue to fix it directly, I have relocated the Home page onto Blogger, and updated all the relevant header links. If you happen to be code-savvy and know exactly what the problem is ("oh, with html5 this no longer works, but if you do this instead it will fix it") I'll accept suggestions, but I refuse to devote too much time to trying to fix something on a server that has been driving me crazy. I like the Blogger interface. It's much easier to update.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy playing with code, figuring out how to make it work, etc. But I don't often have time to really dive into the guts of the site, which means I'll go on an updating spree and then won't have time to do anything for a while. All things considered, it's better if Blogger hosts the main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment