Welcome to Nyeusigrube

"We're the only country on earth stitched together by words and, most important, their dangerous progeny, ideas. And those ideas have had weight. They have had force, not just for us in our eternal dealings, but for the rest of the world." ~ Ken Burns

Monday, August 31, 2015

Another school year

Long time no blog. My new goal is to put a post up once a week- we'll see how it goes.

Here in the Atwater-Rhodes household, it's the first day of school. I started back last Wednesday, but daycare and students only start today. I am very lucky to have daycare two flights of stairs below my classroom, so I can see my daughter during my breaks and be confident that she is safe and happy.

Right now, she is still sleepy and content. How do I maintain multiple full-time jobs? Setting my alarm for 4:15 in the morning is part of it. That gives me an hour to work on books or blogs before I need to wake the baby and get ready for my other work.

My current project is Mancer, a fantasy-romance trilogy I started back in 2006 and have finally decided to revise for publication.  I'm intimidated, excited, terrified and optimistic all at once.

For those of you who missed it, I have a Twitter now- I'm @AtwaterRhodes. I'm not very good worth it yet, but I'm trying to keep up with it regularly, so feel free to tag me and I'll do my best to reply promptly.

As for news, it's almost September, which means it's almost time for the Boston Teen Author Festival! Please join me and many other fabulous YA authors:

Saturday, September 26th from 10am - 4pm
Cambridge Public Library
449 Broadway Cambridge, MA 02138


I hope to see you there. :)

Good luck to everyone else starting school (or already started), whether it's middle school, high school, college, or daycare for your kids. Go out and learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment