Welcome to Nyeusigrube

"We're the only country on earth stitched together by words and, most important, their dangerous progeny, ideas. And those ideas have had weight. They have had force, not just for us in our eternal dealings, but for the rest of the world." ~ Ken Burns

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A brave new world

Sorry for my silence on this blog the last few months, as was pointed out to me by a frequent reader.  Part of the problem (change?) is that I have been using my public Facebook much more often, which results in my having less to say in long blog posts.  I'm going to try to find a balance in the future, but balance has forever been my greatest weakness-  I'm good at giving ALL my time to one thing at a time, but not very good at evenly maintaining more than one thing, especially in the virtual world.

I'm a paper kind of person.  Even if I am slowly moving toward being more virtual- I've bought e-books!- I still have trouble keeping track of the virtual world.  Too much Ecl in my brain, I guess.

As a quick update:

I made it through NaNo by the skin of my teeth and some good old-fashioned zombies.  First dragons, now zombies.  What is Nyeusigrube coming to? I don't know if I'll do anything with those two books, but they certainly were fun to write.

The world did not end on December 21, though I've had some rocking life-changes (which I will not go into here) that have also contributed to my silence.  Hanukkah and Christmas, the two winter holidays I celebrate depending on which family I'm with, were both delightful.

I have a Facebook! I believe I've mentioned this before, but I'm using it frequently.  Compared to the message board, it's not as good a place to hold a long, awesome, in-depth conversation, but it's still lots of fun.  I even ran a mini-contest, and am planning to give away some ARCs to bloggers later this week.

Welcome to the brave new world... that's not ominous at all... now I'm going to figure out how to cross-post this...

Take care, everyone!
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment