Welcome to Nyeusigrube

"We're the only country on earth stitched together by words and, most important, their dangerous progeny, ideas. And those ideas have had weight. They have had force, not just for us in our eternal dealings, but for the rest of the world." ~ Ken Burns

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shana Tova

Happy New Year, to everyone celebrating Rosh Hashanah. To everyone else, I hope you are having a lovely fall - some of us are still wearing shorts and T-shirts, and others have already raked enough leaves to jump in the pile, but the nights are shorter than the days now and getting longer every time we turn.

(Unless we have anyone in the southern hemisphere. Anyone out there?)

Around this time of year, I usually put up a long post about why the fall is my favorite season. I will probably get to that eventually, but in the meantime, I have to say this fall is so busy... and it hasn't been very fall-like yet. We had a few very cold days, but then the weather returned to the 80s and muggy, the way New England tends to do.

Once it gets to look like Fall again, I'll tell you how great it is.

For now, may you have a sweet new year.

1 comment:

  1. Shana tova!

    I've been enjoying the influx of fall harvest foods in the cafeteria. They had a yummy butternut squash bisque a couple days ago. Can't wait for the rest of it!

    I also wish the weather would stabilize. I got caught in a rainstorm last night, and my clothing is STILL drying. At least the camera case was secure and non-leaky. Especially since it wasn't my camera.

    ReplyDelete